Reverse Painted Glass Labels

Apoth - Reverse Painted Glass Labels Recessed and Applied.png
Apoth - Reverse Painted Glass Labels.png
Apoth - Reverse Painted Glass Labels Recessed and Applied.png
Apoth - Reverse Painted Glass Labels.png

Reverse Painted Glass Labels

4.99


The glass label was first patented in England on June 29, 1854 and used in America as early as 1858. Early examples were cemented directly to the outside of the bottle (right). On Sept. 23, 1862 a patent was granted to Wm. N. Walton for his recessed glass label (left) that provided protection from damage and remained on shelves well into the 1940’s and Boyd’s Pharmacy, Wooster, OH maintained use of these bottles through the 1990’s.

Add To Cart