Philip Carpenter’s “Improved Compound Microscope”

Philip Carpenter’s “Improved Compound Microscope”.png
Philip Carpenter’s “Improved Compound Microscope”.png

Philip Carpenter’s “Improved Compound Microscope”

4.99

“Improved Compound Microscope” by P. Carpenter, 24 Regent Str., London; c. 1830.  This sturdy hinged limb microscope is constructed of bright lacquered brass, with racked focus and spring stage.  Accessories include 6 objectives, stage forceps, stage object holder, circular live box, stage live-box, hand-held magnifier, brass can wit spare slide micas, brass can with spare slide brass rings, 4 ivory sliders, six wood slides with opaque specimens, 2 boxwood slides with transparent specimens, 6 large ivory slides with transparent specimens, glass disc and free-standing adjustable candle holder in darkened brass with twin power bullsey condenser, hand forceps and working key all contained in the original fitted mahogany case, with chamfered top and velvet lined lid under which is stored an oval cardboard sheet that fits about eyepiece to block stray light.  Complete outfit in VFC. 

Add To Cart